For anyone familiar with those products it will immediately resonate as an updated, high performance platform for the creation of invoices, statements and other structured business correspondence. It is tightly focussed on the problem of taking data from other systems, such as ERP, or CRM, and using it to create large numbers of high quality business documents at very high speed.
The process is configured and controlled using a small number of files, the majority of which need little Programming skills. The overall objective is to keep your output management costs under tight control.
DocOrigin is a dynamic document generation system that provides businesses with the tools they need to easily create templates, merge them with data from line of business systems and produce at high speed documents for whichever delivery channel they need. The product is made of modules:-
- Design – a desktop windows application for the design of document templates
- Merge – the core process for turning line of business data and templates into documents
- Folder Monitor – the most commonly used mechanism to integrate the DocOrigin process with your exiting business systems that generate data
- Filter Editor – another integration tool that converts your existing data streams into well-formed XML for the merge process
The document templating tool has been designed with the objective of minimising the learning curve for anyone who is familiar with document generation. It is a Windows application and is very easy to master even if you have never used a template designer before.
The key capabilities are
- Ease of use, intuitive and with a built-in previewer in PDF or HTML format
- Excellent technical capabilities, including full Unicode support and automatic RTF conversion (making cut and paste from Word documents simple)
- Very good composition tools, including drawing primitives, tables and dynamic document creation
- Comprehenvie ability to load other template types, in particular Adobe XFA and IFD
Merge is a Data Driven program that reacts to the stream of data that it is receiving. No special codes are required, resulting in a clear separation of data and template. This considerably simplifies integration and the cost of change when it is required.
At base, Merge handles data using XML. However, it is also able to read coma and tab delimited data, fixed width columns and .dat files. Furthermore Filter Editor lets you take overlay output print files and convert them on the fly. Combined with the queue managing functionality of Folder Monitor, DocOrigin Merge is capable of processing a wide variety of output streams, from different platforms, concurrently.
Output formats include PDF, Postscript, HTML, PCL, Zebra ZPL and others. Merge supports multiple outputs for the same datastream.
Folder monitor creates log files and can be configured to send email or text message alerts when required.
Filter Editor is another Windows application that is provided to allow data conversion routines to be built in a GUI. This is done to reduce the cost of implementation – in particular to eliminate costly changes in Legacy line of business applications or the use of expensive pre-printed stationery.
A representative output file is displayed in the central panel allowing the operator to identify the key text elements that drive data transformation requirements. These triggers, and the actions that they provoke together make a rules file. The resulting filter is a file that is used by Merge to make XML from the output stream. The XML that will be created is displayed in the application in the bottom left window above.
To find out more, call us on 0845 226 3351, click on the Contact Us button.